We are a well-established Real Estate Development and Property Management firm located in Newton, MA. We maintain a portfolio of commercial buildings located in Boston and vicinity.
COMMERCIAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
- Provide prompt and courteous response to tenant and management operational requests
- Assist with operating and maintaining all building systems
- Maintain a supportive role to Tenant Coordinator and Property Managers
- Demonstrate self-motivated follow-up; self-schedule to check work results and facilitate trouble-shooting
- Under minimal supervision, perform general repairs/maintenance/replacement of building components and systems including but not limited to Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing (MEP) systems
- Completes projects such as replacing light bulbs, HVAC filters, locks and keys, light demo, carpentry & painting, janitorial etc.
- Stands-by and/or assists with contractors who are performing periodic maintenance activities in the bldgs when necessary.
- Assume additional responsibilities as delegated by Property Manager when requested
- Apply problem-solving skills, identify problems and prioritize repair process.
- Be able to understand when a subcontractor is necessary to complete a project, and communicate to manager in a timely manner.
- Maintain ethical, professional and courteous relations with tenants, contractors and associates
- Perform all duties safely, help ensure compliance with city, state and federal safety and environmental laws, codes, standards and regulations
- Be available to respond to emergency calls if necessary. Some nightly and weekend work will be necessary on a periodic basis.
High school diploma, technical/vocational training and/or experience. HVAC and/or plumbing background preferred but not necessary.
Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Ability to efficiently handle and coordinate multiple tasks and project assignments
Understand instructions and equipment manuals and design documents
Knowledge and safe use of hand and power tools.
Possess sufficient computer skills to present information, author communications (Outlook, MS Word/Email)
Understand and apply correct usage of safety procedures
Maintain clean/professional appearance.
Possess a positive attitude and ability to work as a team player
Excellent benefit package. Must have own transportation, current state driver’s license and be able to respond in a timely manner to emergency situations when required.
Please reply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your salary requirement with cover letter and resume.